Basic Recording Fee: $78
For real estate-related documents
Basic Recording Fee includes County recording fee of $30.04, GIS fee of $23, Automation fee of $11.96, Rental Housing Support tax of $9. Predictable Fee $4 (in luau of paper count).
Instruments incurring the $10 Rental Housing Support tax include:
- Warranty Deeds
- Quit Claim Deeds
- Options to Purchase
- Contracts for Deed
- Releases of Mortgage
- Lis Pendens
- Mineral Deeds
- Coal Leases
- Oil & Gas Leases
- Monument Records
Basic Recording Fee: $69
For non-real estate-related documents
Basic Recording Fee includes County recording fee of $30.04, GIS fee of $23, Automation fee of $11.96. Predictable Fee $4 (in luau of paper count).
Non-real estate related documents include Articles of Incorporation, Birth, Death & Marriage Records, Judgments, Notices of Probate, Powers of Attorney, Utility Easements.
Non-Standard Documents: $106
As used in this Section: “Nonstandard document” means:
- A document that creates a division of the then active existing tax parcel identification number;
- A document recorded pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code;
- A document which is no-conforming, as described in paragraphs (1) through (5) of Section 3-5018;
- A State lien or a federal lien;
- A document making specific reference to more than 5 tax parcel identification numbers in the county in which it is presented for recording; or
- A document making specific reference to more than 5 other document numbers recorded in the county in which it is presented for recording.
“Standard document” means any document other than a nonstandard documents.”
Recordation of Subdivision Plats: $134
Real Estate Transfer Tax
Real Estate Transfer Taxes are imposed by the State and County for many property transactions, as well as certain trusts and long-term leases. Consult the Illinois Department of Revenue for additional information. State and County Real Estate Transfer Taxes are declared on the PTAX-203 form and paid along with recording fees.
- State Real Estate Transfer Tax: $0.50 per $500 of consideration
- County Real Estate Transfer Tax: $0.25 per $500 of consideration
Copy and Miscellaneous Charges
- Copies per pages): $1
- Faxed copies (per document): $5
- Emailed copies (per Document) $5
- Certified copies (per document): $5
- Search, copy & mail (per document): $10
- Notary (Signature): $5